- Boot Camp ePCT Combo November 2, 2017 - November 3, 20171:00 pm - 4:00 pm
ePCT Workshop Topics (Provisional)
Overview of the PCT
RO/US vs. RO/IB – important for decision on using ePCT
Presentation on the basics of ePCT (WIPO Speaker)
- Power Point presentation on ePCT, WIPO’s online system
- ePCT modes, public and private services
- WIPO digital certificates and other supported certificates
- eOwnership process
- ePCT Actions an alternative to uploading documents
- ePCT-Filing with more than 20 receiving Offices
Live demonstration of ePCT including (WIPO Speaker)
- creating an account
- WIPO account profile and eHandshakes
- ePCT public services for uploading documents
- sending ePCT messages to the IB (for other Offices it’s only available in ePCT Private Services).
- WIPO digital certificates requirements and how to associate it to the user account. (Required for ePCT Private Services)
Explanation the different ePCT tabs (WIPO Speaker)
- “eOwnership” tab, default access rights (eOwner, eEditor, eViewer) and how to request eOwnership at the time of filing, with Form PCT/IB/301 for unpublished IAs and for published IAs.
- “Notifications” tab, how to set the notifications preferences.
- “Portofolios” tab, how to create a Portfolio
- “Workbench” tab, how to manage the IAs
- Opening an IA from the “Workbench”, file view, upload documents to IB and to Offices who accept eRouted documents and ePCT messages, Timeline, Access Rights, History, Bibliographic Data, expected publication date and front page preview
- Actions” tab:
- Declaration under Rule 4.17,
- Licensing Availability Request,
- Make international application available to DAS (for PCT/IB applications),
- Observations on close prior art,
- Obtain priority document from DAS, Online payment,
- Request for Early Publication,
- Rule 92bis change request,
- Submit Chapter II Demand,
- Withdrawals (Chapter II Demand,
- Designation(s), Election(s),
- IA, Priority claim(s).
- Article 19 action
- “Draft Actions” tab, manage saved “Actions”.
ePCT-filings with RO/IB (WIPO Speaker)
ePCT Filings with RO/US – when available (WIPO Speaker)
PCT Boot Camp + ePCT Combo – Seattle
Davis Wright Tremaine Conference Room
1201 3rd Ave #2200
Seattle, WA 98101
Program Fee: $575 through October 24 ($650 thereafter) – Note: This is an $150 discount over registering for each of the courses individually when you use the link on this page
Program fee will be refunded less a $75 processing fee if request for cancellation is made by October 24.
Venue: Seattle WA