- ePCT Seminar November 1, 20179:30 am - 4:00 pm
ePCT Workshop Topics (Provisional)
Overview of the PCT
RO/US vs. RO/IB – important for decision on using ePCT
Presentation on the basics of ePCT (WIPO Speaker)
- Power Point presentation on ePCT, WIPO’s online system
- ePCT modes, public and private services
- WIPO digital certificates and other supported certificates
- eOwnership process
- ePCT Actions an alternative to uploading documents
- ePCT-Filing with more than 20 receiving Offices
Live demonstration of ePCT including (WIPO Speaker)
- creating an account
- WIPO account profile and eHandshakes
- ePCT public services for uploading documents
- sending ePCT messages to the IB (for other Offices it’s only available in ePCT Private Services).
- WIPO digital certificates requirements and how to associate it to the user account. (Required for ePCT Private Services)
Explanation the different ePCT tabs (WIPO Speaker)
- “eOwnership” tab, default access rights (eOwner, eEditor, eViewer) and how to request eOwnership at the time of filing, with Form PCT/IB/301 for unpublished IAs and for published IAs.
- “Notifications” tab, how to set the notifications preferences.
- “Portofolios” tab, how to create a Portfolio
- “Workbench” tab, how to manage the IAs
- Opening an IA from the “Workbench”, file view, upload documents to IB and to Offices who accept eRouted documents and ePCT messages, Timeline, Access Rights, History, Bibliographic Data, expected publication date and front page preview
- Actions” tab:
- Declaration under Rule 4.17,
- Licensing Availability Request,
- Make international application available to DAS (for PCT/IB applications),
- Observations on close prior art,
- Obtain priority document from DAS, Online payment,
- Request for Early Publication,
- Rule 92bis change request,
- Submit Chapter II Demand,
- Withdrawals (Chapter II Demand,
- Designation(s), Election(s),
- IA, Priority claim(s).
- Article 19 action
- “Draft Actions” tab, manage saved “Actions”.
ePCT-filings with RO/IB (WIPO Speaker)
ePCT Filings with RO/US – when available (WIPO Speaker)
ePCT Seminar with WIPO Expert
November 1, 2017 9:30 – 4:00
Squire Patton Boggs Conference Room
275 Battery St #2600,
San Francisco, CA 94111
ePCT is the international equivalent of EFS Web and PAIR.
Learn how to file and manage PCT applications using this modern web-based system.
Many more validations than SAFE! Helps ensure high quality application filings.
Easiest and fastest way to update/manage/monitor applications after filing.
- Overview of the PCT
- RO/US vs. RO/IB – important for decisions on using ePCT
- Presentation on basics of ePCT
- Live demonstration of ePCT
- Introduction to ePCT
- WIPO digital certificates requirements and how to associate it to the user account.
- User strong authentication
- Explanation the different ePCT functions
- Actions (uploading documents, Rule 92bis changes, etc.)
- Access Rights
- National Phase Entries
- ePCT-filing with RO/IB
- ePCT-filing with RO/US
Live demonstrations of all the functions
Feel free to bring a laptop and follow along
Customized to US practice!
Program Fee: $450 through October 23 ($495 thereafter), $50 discount per person for 5 or more registrants from same firm/company. Call 571-212-3868 For details
Program fee will be refunded less a $75 processing fee if request for cancellation is made by October 23.
- Course book with valuable ePCT information
- Lunch (provided)
- 2 Breaks
Venue: San Francisco CA